1 cup – wheat rava
1 tsp – ginger garlic paste
3 – green chillies
1 cup – mixed vegetables (carrot, beetroot, beans, potato, peas etc)
3 cups – water
Bay leaf, a small piece
1 tbsp – biriyani masala
Cinnamon (pattai), a small piece
1 tsp – aniseed (sombu)
Salt to taste
- Take a pan, add a spoon of oil and temper aniseeds, cinnamon and ginger garlic paste.
- Now add the diced vegetables, chilli, bay leaf and a little salt.
- Sprinkle some water and let the vegetables get cooked.
- Once done add 3 cups of water to the pan.
- Now add the briyani masala with adequate salt into the water.
- When it starts boiling pour in the wheat rava and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Once it gets cooked and becomes thick, simmer the stove and allow it to cook for 5 min.
- Wheat rava biriyani is done.
- Serve hot with raitha of your choice.