- 1½ cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 3 tbsp oil
- Water and salt according to need
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup fresh yogurt
- 1 cup boiled potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup boiled chick peas
- 2-3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ cup fine sev
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- In a large bowl mix all purpose flour, ajwain, oil and salt.
- Knead to make a smooth dough by using some water.
- Cover the dough and leave for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into balls.
- Add a little oil on the rolling board and roll to make a thin circle.
- Prick all over with a fork, cut out small papdis with a glass or cutter.
- Repeat the process for remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a wok (kadai), deep fry them till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a plate and soak the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Allow to cool, place in a air-tight container.
- Crush coarsely the papdis, arrange in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Add potato cubes and chickpeas and onion.
- Sprinkle chaat masala, cumin powder, salt and red chilli powder.
- Top with yogurt, tamarind chutney and green chutney.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sev, serve immediately.