- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- ½ cup grated khoya/mawa
- 2 cups green peas(matar)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Boil the green peas in 2 cups of water until they become semi soft.
- Drain the water and mash them. keep aside.
- Melt ghee in a non stick pan, add mashed peas.
- Stir continuously on slow flame till fragrance comes out.
- Add khoya, sugar, cardamom powder and milk, stir till it becomes semi thick.
- Add raisins, chopped cashew and almonds, mix well.
- Matar ka halwa is ready to serve hot.